How we'll build one
For this workshop, we'll start by making a simple template bot that tweets the text of a book 140 characters at a time. Then, we'll change its behavior to make a new bot. To do this we will:
- Make an account on PythonAnywhere
- Clone the bot template from GitHub and find a book for it to tweet
- Set up a Twitter acount for the bot
- Test that the bot can tweet to the account we set up for it
- Schedule the bot to run once per day (we'll go over paid hosting options that will allow you to tweet multiple times per day)
- Come up with interesting ideas and implement them!